About Astrolabe Websites & eSolutions
Astrolabe Websites and eSolutions is a small, very personal design studio that is big on ideas, vision, technical and design skills, and know-how.
We are web-savvy creative producers with experience as designers, artists, writers, lecturers and course developers. We love designing and creating websites, electronic marketing media and printed materials that are effective, accessible and stylish at a price you can afford. Our focus is on our customers and we excel at cultivating strong, enduring relationships and meeting the individual needs of our clients.
Located just west of Ottawa in the Burnstown area of Renfrew County, we provide exceptional service to charities and nonprofit organizations, small and medium sized businesses, clubs and special interest groups and artists and artisans throughout Eastern Ontario, including but not restricted to:
- Almonte, Arnprior, Barry's Bay, Calabogie, Cobden, Eganville, Lanark, Pembroke, Petawawa, Perth and Smiths Falls
- Ottawa, Gloucester, Kanata and Nepean
We also pleased to serve charities and nonprofit organizations throughout Canada.
Bio of Owner Lynn Villeneuve
Owner and web artist Lynn Villeneuve is happiest when working on the challenge of a new project. While her passion is design, Lynn insists on a synergistic melding of design with functionality, usability, accessibility and communication to achieve the best possible results.
The founding Manager/Curator of Heritage House Museum in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Lynn went on to serve as Manager/Curator of the Billings Estate Museum for the City of Ottawa. Following a change of career, she worked for the Canadian Wildlife Federation in the positions of Websites Coordinator and eMarketing Coordinator, and then for such organizations as Community Foundations of Canada, the Society for Educational Visits and Exchanges in Canada and the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse.
- Honours Diploma in Web and Multimedia Development
- Honours Bachelor of Fine Art
- 12 years experience in the field of web development
- 6 years experience in eMarketing
- A solid understanding of the nonprofit milieu based on years of related work experience
- Broad experience in website audit, assessment and planning
- Strong knowledge of website accessibility and usability